What Are Your Goals?
- To Receive an Externally Verified and Nationally Recognized Credential in Diversity & Inclusion?
- To Learn How to Get Better Results and Drive Organizational Outcomes?
- To Obtain Senior Leadership Recognition and Sponsorship?
- To Acquire More Resources to Advance D&I Work at Your Organization?
Do I Need to Get Certified?
A professional who recognizes the need for technical, specialized expertise in this field is invaluable to an employer. Accordingly, Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) qualification credentials are not for novice leaders. In fact, our designees are recognized as elite players in the field and are preferred over non-credentialed professionals. IDC's thorough process not only ensures that D&I leaders practice through mentoring, training and building professional portfolios; but they plan, execute, and deliver positive outcomes. They also save time and money because they are not trying to "figure things out" or "wing it".
A current misconception in the field is that "you don't need credentials to get a senior level position". In some cases this is true-- at least it is today. The field, however, is quickly progressing where terminology, strategies, and laws evolve; simultaneously, expectations for senior level D&I leaders are constantly changing. What is acceptable today, may not be adequate next year as the bar continuously rises for D&I work. This means that you can take a risk on your future or you can secure it. The choice is yours.
How Do I Get Certified?
Diversity certification consists of a:
- Course Book & Study Guide
- Proctored, Online Exam at Hundreds of Locations Across the US & Abroad
There are three preparation options to choose from to obtain a credential from IDC:
- Join us for the intensive three-day CDP or CDE course in a traditional classroom.
- Participate in the online class from anywhere in the world.
- Purchase the study guide and prepare for the next test on your own. You will receive a free invitation to the 3-hour online exam review session.
If you need assistance "selling" our credentialing program to senior executives, we can help. This quick and easy download will help you. Click here to apply now for the CDP or here for the CDE. Or give us a call at 1-800-983-6192.
Why Should I Choose The Institute for Diversity Certification?
- We are the largest diversity certification organization, which means that the CDP and CDE credentials are recognized around the world. Hundreds of candidates go through our program each year including Diversity Professionals & Executives from the US Air Force, US Navy, US Postal Service, NASA, US Army Corps of Engineers, Goodyear Tire, Comcast, Discover, Eli Lilly, Cummins, Wal-Mart, Sodexo, Cisco, LinkedIn, Mercedes Benz, Rolls-Royce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Goodwill Industries, Teach for America, The PGA, ASAE, Nestle, Federal Reserve Bank, PNC Bank, Commerce Bank, NV Energy, Vectren, National Grid, University of Maryland, Emory University, University of California, Ohio State University, Northwestern University and many more.
- Our program does not simply "teach" to pass the test--it prepares individuals to be successful in the field of Diversity and Inclusion, and to get consistent, measurable results. Essentially, the Institute for Diversity Certification is a business management program that operates as a global framework for recognizing and rewarding high quality, knowledgeable professionals who strive for excellence in the field of Diversity and Inclusion. Experienced professionals with real world knowledge lead our courses rather than academics focused only on theoretical tenets. Accordingly, our curriculum is practical, thorough and up-to-date.
- IDC's program is affordable and convenient. We offer live and online courses with your peers, and we have over 600 testing centers. This means that you can participate in a life-changing educational experience from anywhere-- including in the U.S., U.K., India, China, Canada, Brazil, Australia, France, and more! You're invited to join the most distinguished diversity and inclusion experts in the world!
Which Credential Am I Eligible to Obtain?
Compare the CDP and CDE now. You may choose the credential that you feel best meets your qualifications, experience, and career goals. Upon submitting your application to us, one of our trained staff will review your application and determine if you qualify. Individuals with 2 years of experience or those who oversee a newer/smaller D&I effort be approved for the CDP. Those with at least 5-years experience in a complex and advanced environment, or individuals with senior executive responsibilities will be approved for the CDE.
Does the Institute for Diversity Certification Offer Discounts to Specific Individuals or Groups?
Yes. If you have a group of 10 or more, we can come to you. IDC can facilitate a prep course session at your office, and customize the credentialing program as needed. Nevertheless, your designees will have the same globally recognized credential that all other professionals possess.
Save 20% on the cost of certification when you become a member of the Society for Diversity! You can join the Society for Diversity at the time that you apply for CDE or CDP credentials. To take advantage of this opportunity, use the Promo Code: MEMBER and then click on 'apply'. Next, choose 'Join the Society for Diversity' at the bottom of the form for an instant 20% discount.
Save 30% on the cost of certification when 3 or more persons from your organization apply for a combination of CDE and/or CDP credentials.Use the Promo Code: GROUP and then click on 'apply'.
Get Better Diversity & Inclusion Outcomes Today!
Apply now for a credential in-demand, and get a top quality certification experience. Click on the appropriate link or give us a call at 1-800-983-6192. Use the Promo Code: EARLYBIRD for a 40% discount-- offer valid for the first 20 candidates or through October 31, 2016-- whichever comes first (no exceptions).
The IDC is the Standard of Excellence and Achievement in Diversity & Inclusion
When Diversity Professionals & Leadership Unite, Amazing Things Happen
Type in your name and email below to receive our free comprehensive guide on Building Next Level Talent Through Inclusive Recruitment.
Institute for Diversity Certification (IDC)™
The Institute for Diversity Certification (IDC)™ continually seeks ways to improve our program and ensure that it provides the best learning experience to candidates. Accordingly, we are introducing several new initiatives in 2017 to provide a next generation certification experience. Some of the changes to the certification program are outlined below.
- IDC is moving to year-round testing where candidates will be able to test any day of the year, January 2nd through December 31st. We still have 600+ testing centers, which allow you to participate from anywhere in the world.
- Every candidate will have access to our CourseNetworking (CN) channel, which is a Learning Management Platform designed to foster collaboration and blended learning.
- We will offer a self-paced, online learning preparation option with weekly study group sessions that are facilitated by designees.
- IDC will partner with organizations around the U.S. to offer its classroom-based preparation courses.
- Professionals can now take one competency at a time and receive a badge-- if you are not ready to complete the entire program at this time. Each badge may count towards completion of the CDP or CDE program.
- The Culture & Inclusion Management micro-credential will be an online option only.